WREM Literacy Group, Inc.
All of WREM's homes as well as those built under the HSH project incorporate Green concepts in the design and amenities. The amount of Green technology applied depends on the cost and desire of the buyer. However, minimally, the following features are always used in a home built by the WREM Literacy Group, Inc., and especially in the construction of homes built under the HSH project:
1) Programmable Thermostats
2) Florescent Lighting
3) Low-flow Plumbing Fixtures --- high-efficiency toilets, shower heads and faucets
4) Energy Star Appliances for energy-efficiency and reduction in greenhouse gas emissions.
5) Low-E Double Insulated, vinyl clad windows, double hung.
6) HVAC system installed per Energy-Star standards.
7) Insulating properly to assure there are no gaps or holes for seepage as well as poly-sealing and weather stripping.